- Category: Computer Engineering Department
The computer engineering department of Thadomal Shahani Engineering College was established in the year 1984 and has grown over the years into a competent department with state of the art computing facilities and a dedicated faculty. The goal of the department is to establish state of the art computing environment to develop competent computer engineers imbibed with the spirit of professionalism and responsible citizenship. The department emphasizes the vision of the Thadomal Shahani Engineering College for excellence in education. Highly qualified, dedicated faculty and good infrastructure facilities make this dream realizable.
The Department has continuously upgraded the infrastructure according to the changing needs of technological environment. The Department has a rich infrastructure with more than 300 branded machines of latest configuration. Internet browsing facility with lease-line connectivity of 4 Mbps is provided and is made accessible to the students, around the clock for 24 hours. All the labs in the department have internet browsing facility. Good Interaction with the Industries is maintained so that the students also have better exposure to the professional environment and its needs. This also helps in bridging the gap between the academics and Industry requirements so that our students have preference in Industrial arena. In order to keep up the cutting edge technologies, department has a digital library facility with reputed International and National Journals like IEEE, science direct etc.
The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain areas in computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction. The Department has an excellent placement record and the students are placed in prestigious software industries all over the world.
The Department has been pioneered as the first Post Graduate Department in Computer Engineering in the unaided Engineering Colleges in University of Mumbai. There was no facility for post graduation for Computer Engineering graduates in the non-aided sector till 2001. This void was filled by our M.E course after persistent efforts in that direction by our Computer Engineering Department. The first batch of M.E. was inducted in August 2001 with an intake capacity of 25. The department has also started PhD. with an intake of 10 students from the academic year 2014-15.
Mission and Vision of the department
Metamorphosis into a centre of excellence in higher education and enterprise computing to nurture and facilitate the learners who ought to be the creams of society in terms of their irresistible ambition to be part of entities inventing breakthrough technologies to further the cause of mankind through machine learning, number crunching and intelligence.
Mission: Focusing and Practicing
- Building state of art laboratories with the help of government and industry funding
- Collaborative research initiative with premier research organizations in the country
- Inviting professionals from research and development wings of industrial enterprises to engage students of post graduate programs
- Incorporating entrepreneurship training program in the curriculum
- Developing competency in updating curriculum with productive cutting edge technologies
- Developing instructional content leveraging new findings of cognitive load theories and visual learning
- Initiating public private partnership to setup startup ventures to help learners evolve as entrepreneurs in the information communication business segment
- Providing world class consulting service to various players in the market place
- Starting and perpetuating international conference with frequency of 4 years to consolidate professional network and assimilation of newer ways and means of resolving complexity in realm of converging computational technologies