- Category: Computer Engineering Department
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The objectives of a program are broadly defined as follows:
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematics, science and engineering required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, design, and create software/ hardware solutions for the real time problems.
- Motivating students to design, implement and evaluate computer-based components, systems, processes or programs to meet desired needs and specifications.
- To help graduates inculcate professional and ethical practices , develop effective communication skills, teamwork skills and multidisciplinary approach.
- To encourage , motivate and prepare graduates for professional development through lifelong-learning.
- Ensuring consistency between the skills taught in educational institutions and the needs of the knowledge economy.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to identify, formulate and analyze complex engineering problems and research literature as well as reaching substantiated conclusions.
- Ability to design systems , subassemblies, components, or processes to meet product and process requirement within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to design experiment, analyze, interpret data and information using research based knowledge to provide valid conclusion.
- Ability to identify, conceptualize formulate, and solve engineering problems using technical skills, and modern engineering tools
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in society; global trades & treaties, intellectual property rights, patents and market in disruption.
- The broad education necessary to study the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development.
- Understanding of professional, corporate and ethical responsibility and apply the norms for all engineering practices
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member in diverse teams in multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively for giving presentations to write reports and design documentation on complex engineering activities.
- Ability to apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to an individual’s work as a team member/team leader in managing projects in multidisciplinary environments
- Ability to recognize need for lifelong learning, re-learning technological changes.