- Category: Electronics and Telecommunication
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication was established in year 2002 with a clear view of a forerunner in the field of Telecommunications, the Department seeks to evolve towards excellence and adapt itself to the rapid advancements in specialized communication related fields. This Department earlier had nomenclature of Electronics Engineering from 1983 to 2001 with student intake of 120. From 2002 Student intake is 60.
At the desktop of achievements of the department, lies the award of accreditation given by the National Board of Accreditation since 2008. A highly qualified, experienced, dynamic and technologically sound faculty endow with this Department, the professional cutting edge. The department has a good record of organizing seminars, workshops, and symposia in emerging technological areas.
The curriculum of the program has been designed to cater to the ever changing needs and demands of communication industry. The focus is on holistic learning and empowering students to make significant contributions at all levels. The open elective system gives a handful of choices for students to develop expertise in their area of interest such as Neural Networks, Radar engineering, microelectronics, data compression and encryption, Satellite communication and image processing etc. It has one of the best state-of-the-art hard ware and software laboratories with special focus on telecommunication.
Mission and Vision of the Department:
- To provide its students with knowledge required for high quality engineering process
- To equip its students with a broad intellectual spectrum in order to prepare them for diverse and competitive carrier paths
- To educate students to be professionally competent for industry and for academic and research programs.
- To strive for excellence in faculty and students by encouraging skill development, creativity, capability and applicability.
- To support the institute’s research activities and consultancy services by introducing the doctoral programs in future.
- To strengthen the institute through network of alumni and maximize use of such resources.
- To educate students with a broad and in-depth knowledge of Electronics and Telecommunication systems, and to develop leaders in this field.
The department aims to provide a program of high quality to develop outstanding managers and technocrats who will make valuable contribution to the global business and society to suit their ever changing needs by fostering technology worldwide.