Department of Information Technology was established in year 1998 with a clear view of a forerunner in the field of Information Technology, the Department seeks to evolve towards excellence and adapt itself to the rapid advancements in specialized fields. The Departments first batch started with thirty (30) students and the intake from 2002 to till date is one hundred twenty (120) per batch. The campus placement is nearly 100% every year.
At the desktop of achievements of the department, lies the award of accreditation given by the National Board of Accreditation and also the starting of Ph.D. programme in the department by the university of Mumbai. A highly qualified, dynamic and technologically sound faculty endow with this Department. The department is always keen in organizing seminars, workshops, and symposia in emerging technological areas.
Mission: Focusing and Practicing
- Software Product and software processes innovation for accelerating the penetration of third phase of E-commerce, Mobile commerce, E- Governance and Mobile Governance practices in the country.
- Leveraging human cognitive and behavioural science for creating instructional content.
- Leveraging Pervasive and ubiquitous Information Communication Technologies for creating learning content for pupils with various learning styles and learning abilities.
- Metamorphosis from teaching paradigm to learning paradigm.
- Short term training program in evolving computational architecture, database technology, software Engineering, mobile communication and computation technologies.
- Developing a template for migrating to emerging technologies minimizing the lead time
- Every day discourse shall inculcate research culture by understanding various markets and cultures
- Collaborative learning and emotional integrity.
- Sensitizing about opportunities in Energy, Education, Environment and Health care sectors contributing to wealth creation and value creation for the country.
- Theoretical rigor to develop conceptual clarity
- Modeling and design of experiments to inculcate culture of investigation
- Helping foot print on Project management and collaborative human endeavour
- Interdisciplinary studies and exposure to functional areas.
The department should be known globally for its core competence in terms of intuitive and intelligent architectural solutions on “conversion of problem to logic” by perpetuating product and process innovations.