Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To create a supply chain of intellectual capital/human capital for the emerging Indian knowledge economy/global marketplace and to facilitate Indian IT industry to leverage global market in terms of cost arbitrage.
- To make graduates understand the importance of software product and software process innovation in the realm of Information Technology and to evolve as a total solution provider.
- To create /train /educate holistic human being with right kind of attitude to help develop proficiency in making Technical proposal writing and project documentation and soft presentation skill sets with highest form of emotional integrity.
- Program graduates should gain fundamental knowledge regarding technical concepts and practices in Information Technology, and understand mathematical procedures and computer driven problem solving techniques and strategies.
- Sensitising graduates to practice lifelong learning for continuing professional development and get synchronised with the current development.
- Program graduates should contribute effectively to organisations as leaders and/or team members and foster personal and organizational success in a dynamic, globalised professional environment.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics and basic sciences appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- An ability to recognize the needs and engage in continuing professional development in the creation of an effective project plan.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies.
- An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.