Department of Information Technology was established in year 1998 with a clear view of a forerunner in the field of Information Technology, the Department seeks to evolve towards excellence and adapt itself to the rapid advancements in specialized fields. The Departments first batch started with thirty (30) students and the intake from 2002 to till date is one hundred twenty (120) per batch. The campus placement is nearly 100% every year.
At the desktop of achievements of the department, lies the award of accreditation given by the National Board of Accreditation and also the starting of Ph.D. programme in the department by the university of Mumbai. A highly qualified, dynamic and technologically sound faculty endow with this Department. The department is always keen in organizing seminars, workshops, and symposia in emerging technological areas.
Mission:Focusing and practicing
- Theoretical rigour to develop conceptual clarity.
- Modelling and design of experiments to inculcate culture of investigation.
- Making project based learning-learning as a pervasive pedagogy.
- Transcending learning in the emerging areas of Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Block-chain technology and Quantum Computing.
- Short term training program in evolving fields of Information Technology.
- Collaborative learning, interdisciplinary studies and exposure to functional areas.
- Sensitising all concerned about automation in IT services, software product and software process innovation.
- Introducing risk management, risk mitigation and the process of hedging.
- Inculcating and enhancing the culture of entrepreneurship, start-up ventures and incubation process.
- Metamorphosis from teaching paradigm to learning paradigm.
- Every day discourse shall inculcate research culture and create IPR in terms of process and product patents, by understanding various markets and cultures
The department should be known globally for its core competence in terms of intuitive and intelligent architectural solutions on “conversion of problem to logic”.